By Thomas Fitzpatrick


A Roscommon and District League Round Up
Moore United missed out on the chance of going top of the Premier Division of the Roscommon
and District League when held to a 2 - 2 draw by St Johns Athletic at Moore. The home side
were in front on two ocasions but a good Lecarrow side battled on to take a point. Gratham Petit
gave Moore the lead after twenty two minutes but Cian Kelly levelled the game one minute into
the second half. Jack Nevin restored the Moore advantage with sixty three played but with
eleven left to play Patrick Tiernan levelled the game. Overall it was a good hard game played in
very difficult conditions
Shiven Rovers drew 2 - 2 at home to the Castleplunket side C P Ajax in close hard fought
game.With twenty six played the visitors went in front through Daniel Connolly who cut in from
the left wing and slotted a beautiful effort into the corner of the net .With forty played Shiven
levelled the game.Conor French scoeed with a good header following a well taken corner kick
The Castleplunked side went into a 2 - 1 lead in first half injury time thanks to a lovely lob by the
Brazilian Junior / Ellis. A fine strike from James Mulrooney fifteen minutes into the second half
drew Shiven Rovers level and while both teams had chances to score in the closing stages they
were glad to get in out of the freezing cold.
Ballaghaderreen F C go top of the Premier Division following a six nil win over Castlerea Celtic
at Ballaghaderreen.
Sharoize Akram opened the scoring after 15 minutes of play and Tom Ward added two moreon
the seventeenth and fortieth minutes. Peter Horan
Conor McGreal and Leon Sinnott added three Moore United.
Boyle Celtic share the lead with Ballaghaderren both of whom are five points ahead of
Ballinasloe Town and Moore United.
Ballinasloe Town were 1 - 0 up at home to Boyle Celtic after Kenneth Kenny scored in the fifth
minute but they conceeded two goals in the last five minutes to drop three valuable points.
Michael Corrigan and Callum Andrews scored for Boyle Celtic.
In the first round of the Joes Bar sponsored Roscommon and District League Challenge Cup
Skyvalley Rovers beat Kilkerrin United 4 - 2 at Kilkerrin. John Miskell gave converted a penalty
kick to give Kilkerrin a 1 - 0 lead with twenty played. Padraig Corbett levelled the game seven
minutes later. Shane Downey Michael Garvey and Jack Moore added three more for the
winners before Damien Mahon added a second for Kilkerrin United in the last minute of the
Ballinagare / Manor United had a comfortable 6 - 1 win over Roscommon United at Ballinagare
Alan keane opened the scoring with a header after 20 minutes, on the 27 minute John stokes
crossed the ball in for jay McCartney to head it into net. Gavin Murray scored a low drive from
the edge of the box in the 40 minute. After 65 minute of play Charlie stokes rounded the keeper to make it 4 nil. Connie Regan scored a fine goal for Roscommon United to make it 4-1 but with
seventy five minutes played Gerry Ward drove one into the bottom corner from a free kick from
the edge of box .Tom Ward added a sixth for the winners in the final minutes to wrap up the
Dunmore Town had a convincing 4 - 0 win over Cam Celtic / Dysart at Cam. Daithi Reddington
scored three for the winners in the first half after being set up by young Padraig Martyn. Declan
Forde added a fourth following good work by Tom Gleeson
St Johns Athletic second side gave the fancied Ballymoe F C a real fright before Ballymoe came
out on top on a 5 - 4 scoreline. St Johns scored their four in the first half thanks to three from
Ryan Dowling and one from Albert Looby. Dan Malone was man of the match as he scored two
and won a penalty kick which was converted by Jason Tarmey. Dan Malone Jack Donnellan and
Jason Tarmey scored for Ballymoe in the first half with malone getting an equalise with five left
in normal time. He won the penalty kick near the end of the second period of extra time.
Glen Celtic beat Ballaghaderreen second side 4- 0 at Glenamaddy. The game was scoreless at
half time . Darragh Keaveney opened the scoring for Celtic after 10 minutes of the second half.
Gavin Hegarty then hit a hat trick with two one on one finishes and the third with a great strike
from the edge of the box.Glen advance to the next round.
Cloonfad United are also through to round 2 following a 3 - 0 win over St Cuans / Ahascragh
United at Ahascragh. Conor Ruane converted a penalty kick after sixteen minutes and Daithi
Gannon added a second ten minutes later. Sean Burke sealed the win with nine minutes left to
Just two games were played in the first round of the Womens Cup. Shiven Rovers edged out St
Cuans / Ahascragh United by a single goal scored by Sheenagh Martyn sixteen minutes into the
second half of the game that was played at a freezing Newbridge.
Castlerea Celtic had a 4 - 1 win over Ballinasloe Town at Castlerea.The game was much closer
than the scoreline suggests but an improving Castlerea side deserve their win.Clodagh Diggins
and an own goal gave the winners a2 - 1 half time lead with Chloe Donnellan and Rachel
Gormley adding two more after the break.

Where next?


Roscommon & District Football League newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.